Wednesday 12 December 2012

Fun finds!

I really wanted to share a couple of Christmas finds with you that I have recently come across and love.  The first one being "Cookies in a jar".  This great idea landed in my inbox via The Organised Housewife.  If you have'nt visited Katrina's website make sure you do - it is crammed with Christmas things to organise, make, bake and do.  She always has a load of great ideas for gifts like the "Cookies in a jar".
 
What do you think?  I thought this would make a great teacher gift or something to have on standby as a last minute gift you can grab from your cupboard.
 

Cookies in a Jar




Place the ingredients in jar (1.5L) in the following order:
  1. 1 1/3 cup Plain Flour
  2. 1 tsp baking soda
  3. 1 tsp baking powder
  4. 1/4 tsp salt
  5. 1 cup oats
  6. 1 cup christmas m&m’s
  7. 3/4 cup chocolate chips
  8. 1/2 cup brown sugar
  9. 1/2 cup castor sugar
  10. 1/2 cup coconut
How to make
  • Place lid on jar
  • Decorate with ribbon
  • Add label to front and back
You could make your own labels or goto The Organised Housewife website and download and print the labels shown below  here .
 

 
This next one will be a holiday sanity saver I promise!

 
 
 


This fantastic website is CRAMMED with free printables for kids.  Everything from Christmas colouring activities, flash cards, games, puzzles, party invites, world maps, craft ideas, calendars, stationery and posters to name a few!

I'm printing off a pile of activites for the holidays and will have them stashed away in a folder ready to pull out and dazzle the kiddies when the "I'm bored" bug hits.







Have fun!!!



Don't forget to enter my Christmas Giveaway here.
 
Competition closes Thursday 13 December at 11.59pm (NZ time)
 
 

8 comments:

  1. I just made double choc chip cookies in a jar for SUnny's teachers this year! The best idea ever! They turned out gorgeous! I'm still yet to share them though :)

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good ideas. Had seen the printables before but forgot the site so thanks for the timely reminder just a few days out from the end of school. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these make great gifts, they would be lost on me, I could burn jelly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing the cookies in a jar everywhere. Such a good idea and looks so pretty in the jar. I might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Cookies in a jar for sale at a recent Christmas fair...I think it is a great idea, and so versatile. These Cookie in a Jar look really cute!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We often give cookies in a jar/or any thing else in a jar as gifts, they're an awesome idea.
    Those printable look great and will be just the thing when the boredom bug hits.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tea party invites are adorable and I love the cookie in a jar idea x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the cookie in the jar idea.. That would be a fab gift. I am off to check out the printable site now :)
    Magie x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...