Saturday 15 December 2012

Under the apricot tree

We have been eating outside as much as possible lately - the weather has been beautiful.  Our favourite spot at the moment is under one of our apricot trees.  Bowls of pasta followed by an all you can eat buffet of juicy apricots.  The ladder stays propped under this tree all day and when ever you feel the need you just climb up and help yourself or if you are lucky you may find a ripe apricot that has nestled itself if the grass below.

Over the next couple of days we are going to pick as much of this yummy fruit that we can before the birds get to them.  Then we will be bottling and making apricot jam.

I love finding my three seated under this tree, in the shade feasting on apricots........



 
 






Have a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

  1. how lovely. how nice to have such a tree full of delicious fruit. i smell apricot pie! have a happy weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've tasted an apricot fresh from the tree for at least 30 years! I have bought them at the supermarket now and then but they are oh so disappointing because I still remember that rich flavour of ripe apricots picked from the tree. It is a fabulous-looking tree, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how magical to have your own apricot tree full to the brim of ripe fruit! I bet they taste delicious and it will make amazing jam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh apricots, how lucky! Love the look of that fruit socked in something nice too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tree and apricots look amazing.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a big old apricot tree in our back yard growing up. Ahh... brings back memories. Enjoy your apricots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man you guys are lucky...what I wouldn't give to have a tree laden with fruit such as yours.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow those Apricots look amazing!! That tree is full of them , you lucky thing! I love your blog. Thanks for sharing your adventures in life, they make good reading. Oh and I LOVE your pictures of the vineyard in the evening, we have a small vineyard on our property ,but I have yet to capture fantastic photo's of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. those apricots look delish!! i swear my partner eats is body weight in apricots every year!! def a favorite in this house

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...