Friday 15 February 2013

Things I'm loving






Retro pillowcases, found in an op shop and still in their original  packaging.  A good machine wash with a few drops of lavender oil get rid of the musty smell.




Happy to goto kindy.  He waits outside, and yells for me to "hurry up mum" in the mornings.  I dropped off a big four year old today and bought back a pirate!


A home made Birthday gift.  This one made by big sister Bell for Tom.  We all love it.


Brown paper packages - this one is a Birthday gift for someone special.  She shares the same Birthday as Tom.  I love shopping in Retro.





An after Birthday dinner run around at the beach.  They always sleep so well after a good dose of sea air.




George and I returned to Playcentre this week.  I don't know if this is a concept in other countries.  It is like Kindergarten except you stay and play with your child.  George loves coming here and it is always good to have a coffee and chat with other mums.


No knead bread - I love making this it is so quick and easy.  Found here on one of my favourite blogs, Ivy Nest.  I have another bread recipe to try this weekend.  Bread making seems popular at the moment.  Do you have a favourite recipe?



I love it when little people eat their dinner and feel the need to lick the plate clean!


Happy weekend everyone!




"I wholeheartedly believe that no matter what is happening in your life, there is always something you can be thankful for..no matter how simple it is."

Joining in here

12 comments:

  1. those pillowcases were a good score x never heard of Retro.. must.google.immediately

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I love trying new bread recipes, and don't really have a favourite, although I do have my "plain & usual" one that I always use :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tania is one of my favourite bloggers too.
    Vintage linens still in their packaging, such a wonderful find. They are wonderful to sleep on too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the happiest Pirate I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pillowcases look fab and I love the art work too. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice score with the pillowcase Elaina.
    I have to say...Tania's bread is a favourite here too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where do I start with the post! I love everything!!! Bells painting is genius! Please tell her I said that! I was an art teacher before my kiddos and have seen a lot of art in my day...her piece has so many fantastic qualities to it! WoW! And thank you for the bread recipe! I will be trying it this weekend! I have been starting to make bread because my little guy has a nut allergy and here in the US everything is processed with nuts! More on that another time! Have a wonderful weekend...your family is beautiful! (and no we do not have those play centers...great idea!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love licking the plate clean, what a compliment to the chef!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pillowcases, lucky you! The homemade birthday present with the rocking boat is my fav,how clever and love the colours. We ALL feel like a sleep after a trip to the beach and we aren't four!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah cute pirate and love the birthday fun. We have a foccacia bread recipe that we love (on the cooking page of the blog) and make a fair bit. Beach air is so invigorating and tiring at the same time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite bread is an old family rye bread, but it's just so time consuming that I haven't bothered in a while... plus the kids always find the biggest mischief when I'm elbows deep in dough. Maybe a no-knead bread is the solution, I'll be checking out that recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely, happy list of images. I love those pillowcases and the bread looks good, and a walk by the sea before bed - how lovely.

    I think what you call a playcentre is often called "toddler groups" here - for babies and toddlers to stay with their parents for a couple of hours. We also have "soft play centres" which are for toddlers and older kids - they are like an indoor playground with climbing frames, ball pools etc and very useful when it's raining!

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...