Monday 18 November 2013

Where the dinosaurs roam









Dinosaurs are popular in our house at the moment.  Dinosaurs at play, bedtime stories, Jurassic Park movies and now they are in our garden.

An empty half wine barrel, a few wheelbarrow loads of spare soil, old bricks, stones, shells, a few carefully chosen plants bought from the garden centre and there you have it.  A garden fit for Dinosaur play.

Tom and I put this together one afternoon.  I chose plants sturdy enough to withstand small hands and roaming creatures.  Everything else we already had to hand.  An inexpensive garden project that I'm looking forward to watching grow and be a tactile part of the garden for the children to enjoy.



You can visit our fairy garden here.  It is a lot more overgrown now though.


13 comments:

  1. The difference between you and I is that when my kids ask me to help them make a miniature world, instead of actually doing it, I say "Yep, right after I've done/cleaned/finished/made [insert any other thing you can think of here that is the furtherest thing from miniature world making], and then I forget all about my promise - until I see it on someone's blog... You've done a great job, the dinosaurs look very happy in their new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! did you see "dinovember" that is taking the viral world by storm!? Give it a google or look it up on FB, you wont be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It's a boys fairy garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will give the fairy garden a run for it's money I'm sure! I love how the dinosaurs have their own little barrel world to live in. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! Fairies and dinosaurs - love your gardens and it's no wonder the kids do too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just the best idea. I can imagine the hours of play your boys will have with this over the summer, their imaginations will be running wild! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks goos! I've seen fairy gardens done like this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely thing to do.
    A boys fairyland.
    Remember doing this with our girls it was a Smurf garden they had hours of fun, sure Tom will too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep! They are so very popular here too! My one year old daughter doesn't say many words but she can growl like a dinosaur! HA! This is brilliant friend! I will be pinning this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous little play land you have created, well done. Definitely look at Dinovember as suggested above, it is awesome. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic Jurassic Parc you have created. I'll send my wee ones round to have a play sometimes soon (wishing it was just around the corner from me!).

    Thank you for your kind comment on my own blog, it made my day.
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so cute! My daughter is obsessed with horses at the moment!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...