Monday 13 January 2014

Swap, swap and swap somemore



 
There are some great swaps being organised around blog land at the moment.  I've signed up for three!  I did the Advent Swap and Christmas Ornament swap in December and loved it.  It is a great way to "meet" other bloggers and for me it's a great motivator for getting crafty.  I find if I have a deadline it ensures I make time to craft.
 
Here is what I'm joining in with, - and there is still time to join in with the first two if you wish: 


Cat at Catalina's Cottage blog is hosting a "Sew and Sweet" swap.

"The idea of this swap is to send a small handmade zippered pouch (or similar) to your swap partner filled with some yummy treats."

This is not a secret swap and is open internationally.

What To Include In Your Parcel
a handmade zippered pouch (or similar)
some sweets / chocolates / lollies
a card or postcard, with your blog and email address
extras? - absolutely , if you wish but OPTIONAL

Sign up is by Wednesday 22nd January 
Partners allocated Friday 24th January
Deadline to ship your lovely gifts will be Friday 14th February

Sew Sweet Swap 2014


Kimberley from Creative Chaos is holding a "Share your country" swap.

A swap based on the country you live in. The aim is to send 5 things that symbolise the country you live in / were born in.

Something to eat
something hand made by you that represents your country
a tourist nick knack
a stationery item i.e. notecards, postcards, a pen
a souvenir tea towel. 

Sign up is by Wednesday January 22
 Swap partner details will be posted on Friday January 24
Swaps are to be sent by February 28 - plenty of time to get organised

Share Your Country Swap
Share my Country Swap


And finally I discovered Tracy's Mad about Bags blog and swap through Kimberley.  Sign up has closed but here are the details:

In celebration of Valentines next month, the idea of this swap is to send a minimum of 5 things to include:

Something heart shaped or themed
something deliciously edible
something handmade
something red.


Swap Time!


So time to put my thinking cap on and dust off my sewing machine and get crafting!  I will share progress and swaps with you as they arrive.

If you haven't already, sign up for a swap.  Go on!  They really are a lot of fun!



11 comments:

  1. This year I have decided I am going to join in as many swaps as possible!! I love giving and receiving and like you said it is such a great way to get to know other bloggers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the loveliest idea. If I wasn't going back to study THAT week, I would have joined for sure. Please keep me posted of any more throughout the year as i'd love to do a few. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap! I doing those ones too, thanks for sharing my swap, I will be posting swap partners today, a little late I know but geography revision for my daughter took preference over my blogging

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im in all of those too eeek excited.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are going to be a busy swapper!! Lots of fun though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout out for my swap partner!
    I'm in all three too .. .. ..
    Like Tracy P I have decided 2014 is the year of swaps - LOVE meeting new bloggers and LOVE creating

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi swap partner if you could reply back this message then ww can swap address etc.hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of swaps before - I just may have to learn how to put in a zipper by Feb 14th!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the publicity Elaina! Appreciated. I am well on my way with the making for all 3 of these swaps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've signed up for one of those... and I couple of others but I'm holding back or else I'll get myself into a pickle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Thank you. I've signed up with a couple now too.
    It's always such fun discovering new blogs, getting to know new bloggers and getting creative putting together all the goodies to swap. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...