Friday 11 July 2014

Luscious lemon slice







I had a friend come over one afternoon this week with her three girls for an overdue catch up, some serious tea drinking and baked treats.

I had been out all morning and needed to make something quick before they arrived.  I tried this lemon slice recipe and it was delicious.  The next time I make it I'm going to add a little more lemon juice and some grated rind as I prefer a more a lemony taste.  Even a lemon icing drizzled on top would be good.  It only takes a few minutes to prepare and 30 minutes in the oven.

Making treats like this makes me realise how much I love good old fashioned baking using butter and sugar.  Yum!

Luscious lemon slice

You will need:

Base
1 cup self-raising flour
½ cup caster sugar
60 g butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
 
Filling
¼ cup lemon juice
½ cup caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
60 g butter

Method:

For the base: sift flour into bowl, add sugar, stir well to combine. Rub in butter and add egg to form soft dough. Press two thirds into tin.

For the filling: place all filling ingredients into small pot and cook over low heat till thick.  Pour the hot filling over the dough in tin. Crumb remaining dough over top.

Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!



13 comments:

  1. Delicious indeed, but I am distracted by the lovely plate that the cakes are standing on!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wonderful friend gave them to me, they are saucers and also come with matching cups. She found the sitting in dusty boxes at a Church sale and knew I would love them xo

      Delete
  2. yum yum. Love your recipes Elaina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please can I come over and eat a lemon slice....? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum, I adore lemon drizzle cake so I know I would enjoy these lemon bars. I'm like you the more lemon the better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love making these too. Yours look delicious and I love your photos of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo i do so love lemon - will have to give these a go! thanks for sharing Elaina!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Lemon baked goods are just about my favourite…maybe second only to chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delish! and your photos are too! Lemon sweet treats are one of my all time favourite things to eat, something about that tartness! I wish I had some to munch on now

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure how i missed this post, but YUM! will def try to make with GF flour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love lemon things! This sounds so yummy and easy! I'm bookmarking this :-)

    Thanks for sharing!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...